When it comes to designers, there’s often the impression that they’re the crazy, creative, off-the-wall types, each working in their own specific ways and each with their own idiosyncrasies.
However, this article (Traits of the best UX + IU Designers) shows that the best UX designers are those who work in a methodical, structured and organised way. After all, the whole point of UX design is to ensure the best possible user experience, with clear user journeys and a logical structure, so it makes sense that those designing these sites display similar characteristics.
It’s also good to see the emphasis on those elements that we value here at SearchPath:
- Draw up detailed user journey diagrams to really understand the steps people take through the system
- Invest time in creating wireframes that clearly communicate functionality, content needs and hierarchy
- Really understand why these deliverables are important
- Spend time really understanding the needs of the business they are working with/at
- Constantly ask ‘why?’, to understand the full picture
- Empathise deeply with the users of the site
If you want to work with some of the best UX designers & increase the effectiveness of your website, then give us a call on 01285 643 496.