Following on from my previous post of how it’s all happening in Cirencester this summer, I wnated to highlight the great work Rock The Costwolds is doing. Setup by Oil Christie who was finding it difficult to recruit developers for his digital company, Rock The Cotswolds’ aim is to change people’s perceptions of The Cotswolds from the haunt of tweedy-types to what it actually is – a place full of very talented people and companies doing amazing things.
Some of our Cirencester favourites:
- Cirencester Open Air Pool – I’m just back from a lunchtime swim in the summer sun; is there anything better?!
- He Says, She Waffles – my children love this waffle house!
- Soushi – some great food that is as good as anything in London
- Gifford’s Circus – this always rounds off our summer in early September. Tweedy is an absolute genius!
- Westonbirt – my wife’s favourite place (& the dog likes it too!)
- Octavia’s Bookshop – fantastic to see an independent bookshop thrive in these days of Amazon and digital books. Octavia is brilliant – her enthusiasm is infectious and she knows exactly what both my children like to read!